Spellmonger FRP Adaptation/Atlas Kickstarter is now LIVE!


Battlefield Press and I would like to announce the Spellmonger game Kickstarter program, right here!  If you are a FRP gamer or superfan, I encourage you to consider participating.

Why a Kickstarter campaign?  It’s actually not really about the money.  It’s just the best marketing choice for this project.  I like the Kickstarter route for this project because it helps satisfy several requirements at once. 

Firstly, it’s about y’all: the audience.  The Kickstarter platform ensures a built-in audience and guarantees a certain level of sales, distribution and market enthusiasm, right from the outset.  You are actually participating in the creative process, something I’ve always valued.  When you’re writing a continuing series of epic fantasy, hearing what your audience likes and giving them more of that is precious.  This project is in response to literally hundreds of pleas to adapt the Spellmonger universe into a Fantasy Role Playing (FRP) game.  I’ve always intended to do this, as D&D was a prime inspiration for the series.  This is the fulfillment of those requests, and I’d like to see it succeed with your help.

Secondly, this is an opportunity for me to push out a lot of new content about Callidore that otherwise might not reach you.  What does the Narasi calendar look like, for instance?  What do the tonsures of the various religious orders look like?  What do the various types of magical coral do?  This project will allow me to share the information I’ve developed in support of the series with you.  That’s important to me, because I worked hard on it and I hate working hard on something and then not sharing it.  The game (and Atlas) will give me a chance to take a big ol’ information dump. 

Thirdly, this gives me a chance to do a completely new, exclusive short story to promote the game.  I will be writing a 20-30k word short story about Min’s early years in the army on the Farisian campaign, where you will see a few of my characters in earlier incarnations.  In addition, the Atlas will contain yet another exclusive short story featuring Lanse of Bune, among others.  And there might be other goodies I’m keeping as a surprise.  What are they?  If I told you, they wouldn’t be a surprise.

There are other reasons, too, but I’ll stop at three, today.  I’ve already submitted the first tranche of information for the adaptation and will be churning out plenty more in the coming months.  I promise, the FRP will be loaded with the kind of detailed tidbits you enjoy, and will get in-depth in ways you can’t even suspect.  And it’s, like, TOTES canon. 

I’m excited about this, in case you can’t tell.

I’m also excited about getting the script for Shadowmage to Podium for the audiobook, and seeing the new cover for Court Wizard:


I don’t yet have a release date for the Court Wizard audiobook, but when I get it y’all will be the first to know.

Also, reviews and sales of both Sky Rider and The Road To Vanador have been excellent.  If you've read one or both of them, I encourage you to leave a review, if you haven't already.  It really does help.

Thanks for all of your support!  I've been busy as crap, and haven't been able to respond to all of my fan mail, yet, but I do read each and every piece and try to respond, if I have time.  Please know that.

Best,

Terry

Comments

  1. Keep up the great work. As someone who has read all your works, I hope you improve the personal "combat" scenes - not the army clashes, they are fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Quote, "From Star Trek to Space Viking, this is your one-stop Terry Mancour shop". Seven plus years and still waiting on the 3rd Space Viking: Tanith story. ( conclusion? ) Many, many promises for the next book being published made but not kept. Finish it and walk away, concentrate strictly on Spellmonger, make everyone happy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Otto!! You're so forceful and manly!! It's so awesome how you imposed your will by using a sternly worded comment! Well done sir!

      Delete
  3. Following. I'm curious if this will be a new from-scratch RPG system, or if it will be more of a skin-and-tweak of an existing one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on the Kickstarter it is either dnd 5e or pathfinder based

      Delete
    2. Although I dont play either of these I will convert to 2e and run this world.

      Delete
    3. I was/am already trying to adjust existing 3.5 rules to match Callidore. I would love to see the game come out!

      Delete
  4. Terry thanks so much for making this a thing!!!! I've hosted a weekly D&D 5e game at my house for going on 4 years now and most of the players are fans of the books!!! We have been saying for a couple of years it would be great to table top game in Min's universe! Infact my friend Jay that is in our party turned me into the books and I love them! I'm listening to "Enchanter" now and can't wait for book 8 on Audible!!! Thanks Again!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I vote 2e, because im old school. I was actually considering making a miniature battle based on the timber watch fight at a con.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Problem with that is that 2e is not available for license. Its not that I oppose the idea, just not something we can do legally. Id support an "unofficial conversion" of the material :D

      Delete
    2. I'm looking forward to combing this with Matt Coville's Strongholds and Followers supplement for 5e. I think it'd be an amazing fit! :D

      Delete
  6. A reminder for anyone not already there, we have a Discord for discussion about the books: discord.gg/muaE6x8

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Terry, I would just like to say thank you - I discovered your Spellmonger series during a long illness and I have spent the best part of 3 months bedbound. A good deal of that time I have spent in the 5 Dutchies (Audio) - John Lee has told with great talent. I have so enjoyed the story and await Court Wizard.
    In the last week I have read the kindle versions of some of the sorter stories and enjoyed these too, though I would advise you to sack your proof reader, I am Dyslexic and could do a better job! I love the humour in all these books they have saved my sanity. Best wishes Katherine Garland

    ReplyDelete
  8. Court Wizard is up on Audible for pre-order in Canada. Release date 2019-03-19 !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Any updates on the new book's release date?? My offer of free proof reading still stands. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terry! I found your work when Spellmonger made it to audible and I love everything so far. Except Court Wizard on Kindle..

    I picked it up while waiting for the audio release and I am having a hard time with it. I thought I may be going crazy, but I don't seem to be the only one. There is repetition early on that makes me question if I have lost my place in the book. If I have gone backwards a few pages instead of forward. It seems like I'm reading the same block of text over and over. Kind of like these last few sentences, but literally copy and pasted over and over. Its also sprinkled with typos. The other reviews I'm seeing date back several years so I don't think you or anyone else with the power to fix it reads those Amazon reviews.

    TLDR: Any chance that you can update the Kindle version of Court Wizard to a proofed / final copy?

    With love for your work, but concern for your editor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw Court Wizard coming out on Audible next week, March 19. Pre-ordered my copy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Drat I missed it by 4 days. ::sigh:: good luck and everyone who pledged you lucky dogs you....

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great stories. Love the characters, the magic, the great humor. But ... horrible writing. Continuity in Court Wizard is atrocious. Please, please, review before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey terry love the series cant get enough of it lol . keep em coming and ill keep buying . also any interviews online ? youtube has nothing on you .

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do I become a Backer in the kickstart? I created an account but can't figure out how to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't listen to the commenters who focus on very minor errors in 500+ pages and 24 hours of audio. Keep the books coming as fast as you can. I want to know what happens. BTW, the books are great stories and John Lee is superb in his performance.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello i have all of the audio books for spell monger and am thinking about getting the spinoff hawk maiden series but im troubled with finding all the relevant maps with out the physical copys

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts