Pre-Order Footwizard

Pre-Order Footwizard on Audible or Kindle

My editor, Emily Burch Harris, will be returning the last few notes on Footwizard tonight. That should be the last few corrections on the manuscript, and then the formatting process begins. But the book is in the can. The map is done. I’m just waiting on the covers to come in from Podium’s excellent cover artist, Alex.

I’m very happy with the result. Footwizard is the culmination of many, many plot lines, and the beginning of many, many more. A lot happens. Mostly without magic. If it’s any indication of quality, Emily says that it’s her favorite book in the series so far. It’s right at 240,000 words, 50 chapters. And an intermission.

I think most of you will like it. A few of you won’t. I’m expecting that, and I won’t take it personally. This book is as much sci-fi as it is fantasy. It’s part Disney, part Lovecraft, part Fallout and part Western, sort of. There are Easter Eggs galore. It’s certainly a departure from many of the other books. But don’t worry, after this one, we’ll be headed back to the real world and we’ll deal with the consequences.

And there will be consequences.

This is also the first of my novels that comes with a discography. Lilastien’s playlist, so to speak. I’ve released that list on the Discord server and I’ll release it here soon. The book is 50 chapters, and there are 50 songs on the list. Not every chapter is represented by a song, but many are mentioned and a few play key roles in the feel of the book. You might want to listen through a few of these to get the mood of the novel.

As far as a dedication goes, I’m dedicating this special book to my fans — y’all. I’ve gotten so much positive feedback from you it’s awe-inspiring. It’s certainly inspirational. Y’all have gotten Spellmonger tattoos, you’ve named your chickens after my characters, and the series has played a role in your lives and your relationships far beyond any expectation I ever had. Kids are doing book reports on the Hawkmaiden Trilogy. It’s nearly overwhelming, and I want you to know that if you keep buying ‘em, I’ll keep cranking ‘em out.

So, assuming I get the cover art in time, I think I’m going to release this book July 1. Pre-orders will be up shortly. More tidbits to come (particularly if you’re signed up to the newsletter hint, hint) but I wanted to go ahead and make the release announcement to everyone.

It’s been a full eighteen months — I’ve written four books in that time and worked on several others. I’m likely going to take most of June and July off, just to recuperate, recharge, and get ready to begin on Hedgewitch. That doesn’t mean I won’t work on other projects, but I do want to give Spellmonger a short break so that I can get my head right for the next one.

Also, I will definitely be going to DragonCon in Atlanta this year. More on this later. Indeed, there will be more promotional appearances and such, and I will announce them as soon as they’re confirmed. If you have suggestions or opportunities, please let me know below.

Thank you all for being the godsdamned best fans in the universe. You make it incredibly worthwhile and fulfilling to do this. I am grateful for each and every one of you. May Ishi grant you a joyful and lustful summer. After COVID, we both need it and deserve it.

- Terry Mancour




Pre-Order Footwizard on Audible or Kindle

A Search For Answers In The Lost Land Of Anghysbel!

After winning two wars against the Nemovorti in six months, Minalan plans an expedition over the summer to the Lost Valley of Anghysbel, in the far north of his realm, in the caldera of a supervolcano at the edge of the tundra. There, he suspects, many of the answers he so desperately need might be hidden. The only problem is that thanks to the anti-magical properties of the jevolar, there, his spells won’t work – he’ll be without magic for the first time since he came into his Talent. On this quest for the knowledge to save the world, however, the stakes are too high to be concerned about such things. Minalan seeks the knowledge he needs no matter the price.

The footwizard Fondaras the Wise has been to the realm of the jevolar four times in his long life and he knows the way – and the great dangers of the non-magical land. He warns that Anghysbel is filled with forgotten creatures and lost races that have hidden from the world for eons. That doesn’t dissuade the Spellmonger – it’s a challenge. So is the deadly poisonous alkali waste that is the only way to the fabled land. So is the fact that his wife, Alya, insists on going with the expedition. So is the company of goblins pursuing him to catch the greatest wizard in the world in a place without magic. And the passage through the alkali wastes is only open for the nine dry weeks of summer, so there is a time limit on his explorations.

But once he’s there, Minalan’s expedition discovers a unique land filled with forgotten secrets: an outpost of the Kasari, where the tribe sends its magically-Talented folk; a colony of Wilderlords existing in seclusion; the exiled clan of Kilnusk Alon, the former kings of the Dradrien and Karshak, alike; a community of Tal Alon left on their own for generations; and an old comrade who has fled the Five Duchies in fear of the Censorate.

That’s just where the mysteries begin. When he opens the Cave of the Ancients, a remnant of the original human colony on Callidore, Minalan starts on a path toward the answers he seeks. He is startled to find that the once-great human civilization once had an outpost in Anghysbel, as did many other races. Armed with new knowledge he braves the dangerous wilderness of Anghysbel with Lilastien and the rest of his friends in search of the ancient Alka Alon vault containing the arsenal he seeks. Along the way he discovers the scion of the Aronin, the half crazed Ameras; he encounters a dragon, learns about a forgotten group of the Forsaken, and is introduced to the mysterious Leshi in search of an immensely important, incredibly powerful artifact. Not even the threat of cyclopses and lizard men, renegade dragons and the pestilent Kurja can stand in the way of his exploration.

But that’s not all he discovers. When a beardless, half-mad Karshak outcast offers them an opportunity to learn the secrets they desperately seek, Minalan and Lilastien are tempted . . . but the price of that knowledge may well be madness, or even death. For dark powers more ancient than the world dwell in exotic Anghysbel, powers that would speed Callidore’s destruction, not work for its salvation. Minalan the Spellmonger has to consider carefully if he’s willing to pay the price to save the world . . . and the cost of that bargain may well be his life!

Comments


  1. MY EX LOVER IS BACK YOU HAVE BROUGHT JOY BACK TO MY SCATTERED HOME (DR.OWO) THE FAMILY THAT I THOUGHT I HAVE LOST TO AND ANOTHER WOMAN FOREVER. THE BEST WAY TO GET YOUR EX LOVER BACK WITH THE HELP OF THIS GREAT SPELLCASTER...
    Thank you my helper, You helped me to restore peace back into my broken home with your spell casting power. When I thought my husband was gone forever you brought him back to me and my kids again. My husband was in the arms of another woman. They almost got married but with your help. Now my husband is back and now stays at home caring for the children as we used to be with our families. If anybody has any relationship or health issue kindly reach him on: drowoherbs@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so Happy to be writing this article in here, i am here to explore blogs forum about the wonderful and most safe cure for HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS . I was positive to the deadly Virus called HERPES and i lost hope completely because i was rejected even by my closet friends. i searched online to know and inquire about cure for HERPES and i saw Dr.USELU testimony online on how he was cured so many persons from Herpes Disease so i decided to contact the great herbalist because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs from God! after 2 days of contacting him, he told me that the cure has been ready and he sent it to me via FEDEX or DHL and it got to me after 4 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! its really like a dream but i’m so happy! that’s the reason i decided to also add more comment of Him so that more people can be saved just like me! and if you need his help,contact his Email:(dr.uelucaregvier@gmil.com) you can contact him on WHTASAPP +2347052898482 He said have the herb to cure difference cure for any sickness https://druseluherbalhome.simdif.com/
    (1) HERPES,
    (2) DIABETES,
    (3) HIV&AIDS,
    (4) URINARY TRACT INFECTION,
    (5) HEPATITIS B,
    (6) IMPOTENCE,
    (7) BARENESS/INFERTILITY
    (8) DIARRHEA
    (9) ASTHMA… AND MORE

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello viewers all over the world I want to testify of what Dr.USELU did for me. i was having a very notorious and serious sickness called  i HERPES 1&2 contracted this sickness from my ex husband and was very in lost of hope i never believed i was going to be cured until i meant this great man called Dr USELU who God send to help me cure my sickness . he prepare herbal medicine for me which i used for 7 days i want you to know that all hope is not lost until everything is done. you can contact on his email address at dr.uselucaregiver@gmail.com now. or whatsapp him on +2347052898482 if you need his help  https://druseluherbalhome.simdif.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish book 12 was connected to it's audio book

    ReplyDelete
  5. How can i keep shut after beating herpes that has been marked incurable by the medical doctors ! herbal Dr Ogudugu on YouTube helped me cure the herpes simplex permanently with his roots and herbs supplement remedy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtbZBD5BRBM&t=2s

    Website: https://greatogudugu.wixsite.com/website

    ReplyDelete
  6. DROMOKPO@GMAIL.COM
    SAVE ME FROM MY HEALTH ISSUES THANKS TO THIS GREAT HERBAL DOCTOR WHEN I TAUGHT ALL WAS FINISH THIS GREAT MAN SAVED ME I WAS ABLE TO GET RIDS OF MY HERPES AND OTHER STD WITH THE USE OF HIS HERBAL MEDICINE.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been suffering from herpes since 2013, I have spent a lot on drugs an herbs which has all proved abortive, I have tried all means in life to cure this herpes , but there was no answer until I met Dr Excel and I contacted him and he prepare medicine for me which I took I am now Herpes Negative, I am very very happy, thanks to Dr.Excel for helping my life come back newly again without any form of crisis, I promise to tell your name and good deeds to the whole world. Kindly contact him for cure regarding any type of Herpes virus: Excelherbalcure.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to robinsonbucler@gmail. com, I am free from HERPES ………………

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts