The Perfect Yule Gift . . . Spellmonger Books!


If there's a certain Spellmongral in your life who you want to dazzle, consider getting them the physical printed copy form of the series!  Yes, if you know someone who loves Epic Fantasy (and, let's be frank, the Spellmonger Series is Epic-er Fantasy) but who "doesn't do e-books" (lookin' at you, Mom) then consider giving them the blessed gift of print!

The first four Spellmonger Series novels are available from Amazon, now!  I thought I would provide a helpful link to direct you toward them, to spare you the labor of googling them, because I'm a helpful sort of fellow. 

Spellmonger (US$20.83 ):


Warmage (US$24.99)


Magelord (US$24.95)


Knights Magi (US$19.95)


The fifth novel, High Mage, should be available in the next few days, as I'm contending with issues from Amazon's new Paperback capability (which ate CreateSpace, which means all of my previous books on CreateSpace had to be re-formatted). 

Why are the books so pricey?  It's not because I'm greedy.  Its because I printed them on the 6"x9" format, and its a lot of words.  Which means a lot of pages.  Dead trees don't grow on trees, apparently.  I tried to keep pricing as low as I could and remain consistent, but the fact is that a 500+ page 6x9 book, at Print-On-Demand prices, just costs that much.  I'll be exploring less-expensive formats in the future, but I know enough people want to hold an honest book in their hands that I wanted to make this available.

BUT WAIT!  THERE'S MORE!

For you fans of the Spellmonger Cadet series (who are no doubt eagerly devouring the recently-released third installment, Sky Rider, in every free moment), no doubt you know that Hawkmaiden is already available in hard copy -- I went ahead and slashed the price on this as much as I possibly could, bringing it down to $13.50 (it the update isn't showing up on the page, yet, but should be reflected in your cart). 

Additionally, in order to make the Yule of a couple of special fans, I've pushed ahead and contrived print copies of Books 2 and 3 of the series, providing a complete printed set in time for Christmas!  More, I've released them at a special as-low-as-I-could-get-them introductory price! 

Hawklady (US $10.50) 

Sky Rider (US$11.00)

(I know - it's unusual for a series to get cheaper as you get through it.  I'll work on that.)

That means you can get ALL THREE CADET NOVELS, the entire Hawkmaiden Trilogy, for just US$35.00!  If there is a potential hawkmaiden or aspiring wizard's apprentice in your life, perhaps they might enjoy such a magnificent gift under the tree.  Just sayin'.

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!  EXCLUSIVE!

Starting Saturday, December 7th, Gallery 71 in Hillsborough, NC will have a limited number of autographed copies for sale.  I plan on having complete sets of both series, to the extant I can, available there exclusively.  Purchasing a complete set also includes some small token of my gratitude in the way of what the kids call "merch".  More details shortly.  Go ahead and bring the stuff you need framed up for Christmas, too -- Lance is one of less than a hundred Certified Master Framers in the world, and if you want your stuff framed before the holidays, GET IT IN NOW!  BONUS: mention that you're a Spellmonger fan and get FREE GLASS on your first frame job!  Magelord's prerogative. 

I don't know how many copies will be there, or how long they'll last.  At this point we don't have a set-up for mail order, but I'm feverishly working on it.  As soon as it's locked down I'll publicize it.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT THE ART:

If you will note, the very distinctive, lovely cover-art for the first two books of the Hawkmaiden Trilogy are by Giorgia Giotta.  She was my first fan artist, and I promised printed copies of both books to her in exchange for using her beautiful artwork on my covers.  It has taken me THIS LONG to get Hawklady into print, and for that I apologize -- long-promised copies of both works, along with some other trinkets and tokens of my gratitude, are being dispatched tomorrow.  Despite its other advantages, CreateSpace just DID NOT want to print Hawklady's cover, no matter how many times I screwed with it.  In the end, I had to use the new system, which did.  Unfortunately, the art Giorgia provided for the rear cover is tiny, and doesn't do her justice.  I am seeing what I can do to find a better way to present it (the original cover blank is over on the Discord server for your review) but for now I just wanted to book to get printed.  To be honest, I did not feel right soliciting a third commission without satisfying the last, hence the temporary cover for Sky Rider. 

Ditto my faithful superfan and beta reader Sir Aaron of Schwartz, who runs the semi-official Spellmonger fan site at Discord.  He spotted several serious continuity issues with Sky Rider.  While that forced a quick re-write, it also dramatically improved the book, and for that he has my gratitude. 
.
Also, the release date for the audiobook of Enchanter has been set for January 8th.  Mark your calendars and set your alarms. 

LASTLY, while this year winds down to a delightful Yule, I am starting to plan my convention calendar for next year.  Right now, it's mostly empty.  If you are affiliated with a fantasy-oriented con and want me to appear, let's talk.  Email me at tmancour@gmail.com with CON REQUEST in the subject, and let's see if we can work something out.  I can do panels, etc.

Thanks, and I'll be posting more news shortly.  It's been a busy year.

Terry




Comments

  1. Discord invite:

    discord.gg/muaE6x8

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enchanter should've been much higher up that list lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Enchanter Audio book is comming Jan 8th.
    Boo I have to wait another month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Again every thing bumped ahead of the Space Viking: Tanith series 3rd book. Come on finish it and complete the story. Seven years is way too long to leave a great story hanging.

    ReplyDelete
  5. January 8th release date for the Enchanter audiobook you say? I guess I will request that day off of work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the series! I have a lot of windshield time giving me ample opportunity to ruminate about the characters. I'm looking forward for the next audio book. Thanks for sharing the updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terry, I really like Dara's books and most of the Spellmonger ones, too. I read them through KU and when you update a book after it has been downloaded and read in KU, it is impossible to get the new version again as unlike purchased books, they don't have an update available button. So if you were to bundle the 3 Hawkmaiden updated books together into one download, then they can be reread with the corrections and you would get paid again for any KU rereads.. It might be a daunting task to do the same for the Spellmonger series, but you could bundle a couple together and voila' get paid again ;) if you decide to do that, would you also bundle all of the short stories, even the ones in the back of the two novels? or at least pull them out as separate stories? I had missed Checked Past, I think that is right, the first time through but eventually found it. I hope you consider doing this and thank you for a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've read the complete Spellmongers series and loved all of them. I just need all of them in audiobooks. Make my New Year and release 3 together

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the series and have read all the books more that once. However, I found your action scenes to be weak.Especially you have read Jap and Chinese web novels, you find the individual scenes lacking. Your "group" fights are good.
    Overall, Min and High Magi have powered up, but the fight scenes don't really reflect that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Discovered your Spellmonger books via audible and love them now torn about waiting for the next audio book, which I love, or getting the kindle version because I am impatient. Oh dear choices choices

    ReplyDelete
  12. Found Spellmonger November 14th and I love your books. Really enjoy listening to John Lee bringing the characters to life. My question is "what's up with the wedding?" In a few of the books the wedding was referenced but I don't remember reading about it. Also, Min saved one of the Alka Alon but I don't remember that either. Am I suffering from audio specific dementia or are these stories yet to be written. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. yes there are several short stories that have been written already and some that haven't been yet. The Spellmonger's Wedding and The Spellmonger's Honeymoon then there is Victory Soup for the one where he met and saved some of the Alka Alon. The Road to Sevendor is an Anthology of short stories, that are fun to read and helpful. There are also a few short stories at the end of some of the ebooks, that I hope TM will publish seperatly some day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm another who is waiting for the third Tanith novel. Don't write a cliffhanger like that and then don't write the sequel!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can someone post a link of an invite for the discord?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://discord.gg/ The server is called 'The ghostrock'

      Delete
  16. I'm wondering is we can get access to the game mentioned in the book warmage called rushes.... I am really interested in that game

    ReplyDelete
  17. any updates on spellmonger 11?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Affiliate Money Making Machine is ready -

    Plus, making money online using it is as easy as 1-2-3!

    Here are the steps to make it work...

    STEP 1. Tell the system which affiliate products the system will push
    STEP 2. Add push button traffic (this LITERALLY takes 2 minutes)
    STEP 3. See how the system grow your list and upsell your affiliate products for you!

    Do you want to start making profits??

    Click here to activate the system

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for another great Where else could anyone get that kind of information in such a perfect way of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information. Best parenting books for new parents

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts